We enable our members to be better prepared for the future by benchmarking and providing relevant insights, practices and tools. Our links with Futura and the Futures and Foresight journal highlight our commitment to both the study and practice in the field. We run sessions, workshops, publications and special issues.
The objective of this special interest group is to enable members to be better prepared for the future by benchmarking and providing relevant insights, practices and tools
Futures & Foresight Science publishes articles which focus on methods that aid anticipation of the future in the widest sense, that document the current status of a particular method’s application and use, and that analyze its future potential and prospects.
Specifically, it invites papers that consider:
• particular scenario methods,
• variants of the Delphi method,
• judgmental probability forecasting,
• corporate and organizational foresight,
• the role and validity of expert judgment in anticipating the future,
• the combination of judgments from groups of individuals,
• the behavioral dynamics of using a focal method,
• the combination of futures methodologies, and
• horizon scanning methodologies.